Sometimes you have to give your customers some credit.
ServiceCore allows you to create credit memos to easily keep track of any credits you've given to your customers. Credit Memos can then be applied to invoices you've created for your customers.
In this article, we'll walk through the steps to create, apply, and find credit memos.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process:
- You must have Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to create a credit memo
- Services are required on credit memos
- The customer being credited must already be created
- Credit Memos can only be applied one at a time.
Create a Credit Memo
To create a credit memo, follow these steps:
- In the header, click the (+) icon
- From the list of options that appear click Create Credit Memo
- Enter or type in the Customer field to search for the customer
- Click on the appropriate Customer from the list of customers that appear
- Select Credit Memo Date
- Enter in Emails (optional)
- Use the Search Bar to add Services
- Select a Tax Rate (if applicable)
- Enter in a Message Displayed on Credit Memo (optional)
- Enter in an Internal Memo (optional)
- Upload any Attachments (optional)
- Determine how you would like to send the credit memo
- Click Save and...
Viewing Credit Memos
If you clicked to Save and View Credit Memo, you will be taken to the credit memo details page.
From here, you can take any action needed on this credit memo: edit it, apply it, email it, print it, or void it out.
Credit Memos can be found in the Accounting section of ServiceCore under the Credit Memo tab. Use the search bar or click the Filter by button to narrow down results by status, division, or credit memo date range.
Open credit totals will also be displayed on your customer's profile in ServiceCore.
Applying Credit Memos
If you created a Credit Memo and selected the Apply Credit Memo option, it will take you to the Record Payment screen.
Credit will already be selected as a Payment Method, along with the credit memo you created. You will be able to apply the credit to any available invoices.
For a customer who has an existing credit memo available, you can go directly to recording a payment by clicking on the plus sign (+) in the header.