If you are a business that itemizes your inventory using serial numbers, barcodes, or QR codes, ServiceCore lets you keep track of those items in various ways.
When your drivers complete jobs with itemized products on them, they will get to check in and out inventory items to help manage your product availability.
In this article we'll go over the steps to view item serial numbers associated to a rental.
Before You Start
- You will need Manager, Admin or Owner level permission in order to view items associated to a rental.
- Item serial numbers are only available when using Itemized Products
- Navigate to Rentals
- Use the sort by or filter by options to refine the list of rentals
- Or, click in the Search box
- Type in your customer's name, site address, or rental number
- Hit enter or click the search icon (magnifying glass)
- Locate the rental that you are adding the new jobs to
- Click View Rental
- Scroll to the Jobs section
- Click the Filter By button and select Delivery job type
- Once you've selected your filters, click Close
- Click on the job to expand details for it
- Serial Numbers for Itemized Products listed on the Job will appear under the Inventory section
FAQs About Item Serial Numbers on Rentals
How are item serials associated to a rental?
They are selected by technicians using the ServiceCore Mobile App when delivery jobs are being completed.
Can I still view this after the items have been picked up?
Can I view this information if I use bulk quantity for my inventory?
No. The product must be itemized and the items must be selected on the delivery job.
I followed these steps and the job listed a product with an "Unknown Serial Number." Why?
This would indicate that the technician who completed the job skipped the selection of inventory item numbers. You can add which serials were delivered to the site by editing the job completion notes and selecting the appropriate item serial numbers.