If you rent out your products to customers, it is important to have the correct Services assigned to ensure proper billing.
Services you add under your Settings can be assigned to specific inventory products. These Services can then be selected when creating a rental to serve as Rental Rates for your product.
Rental Rates will keep track of how much you're charging for each product. They will also update quantities for you on invoices automatically whenever units get added or removed.
In this article we will walkthrough how to assign services to your products, so, you can select them as a rental rates on rentals.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you assign services to your products:
- You must have Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to add rental rates
- You must have Services created
How to Assign a Service to a Product
Tell Me How
Follow these steps to assign a Service to a Product
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Click on the Inventory tab
- Click to View the inventory product
- Click on the Services tab
- Click the down arrow nest to Assign Service
- Check box next to each service that applies
- Click Assign Services
All done! Now when adding this product to a rental, you will be able to select the options you selected as a rental rate.
After You Assign Pricing
After assign pricing to inventory products, you may want to do the following: