With Rentals, ServiceCore lets you manage products and track all of the work you do on a customer's site.
When your customer calls in requesting additional products, extra services, or to schedule a pick-up, you can accomplish this in ServiceCore by adding jobs to an existing rental.
For example, if your customer called in requesting two additional units for their site, you don't need to create a new rental. Instead, you'll just create a delivery job for the existing rental you have to add in the units that way.
In this article, you'll learn how to add jobs to a rental.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you begin this process:
- You must create a rental or create an event rental before adding more jobs to it
- You must have Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to add jobs to a rental
- New rental jobs should be associated with a pre-existing rental before you create them
- All jobs on a rental will be associated to the same job site location
- Rentals cannot contain jobs for more than one job site location
- If you will be using rental rates for your inventory items, we recommend adding rental services and assign services to your inventory products before adding jobs to a rental
Add Jobs to a Rental
To add jobs to a rental, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Rentals
- Use the sort by or filter by options to refine the list of rentals
- Or, click in the Search box
- Type in your customer's name, site address, or rental number
- Hit enter or click the search icon (magnifying glass)
- Locate the rental that you are adding the new jobs to
- Click View Rental
- Scroll to the Jobs section
- Click Create Job
- Choose the correct rental job type (delivery, service, exchange, or pick-up) from the Select Job Type dropdown
- Continue filling out the create new job form
- If you do not see the Inventory section on the create job form, please go to the top of the form and make sure to select a rental job type (Note: Service type jobs won't display an inventory section)
- In the inventory section, select the quantity of inventory that you will be delivering, exchanging or picking-up for this job
- Add any Additional Services and Driver Notes (optional)
- Add Disclaimer and Send Confirmation Email (optional)
- Once you're finished, click Save
- You will then see the job details page
- To return to the rental click View Rental
Repeat the steps above to add additional jobs to this rental.