Here's your peak behind the curtain. This page describes upcoming features, tools, improvements and functionality that the ServiceCore team is currently discussing, sketching, designing, coding and testing.
Deactivate and Delete Inventory via the ServiceCore Mobile App
Soon you will be able to deactivate and delete inventory products and items using the ServiceCore Mobile app. This new functionality means you can manage your inventory using your favorite mobile device, and without needing to use a laptop or desktop computer to add or remove inventory while out in the field.
Add New Site
To make it easier to geolocate sites for routing, we are giving the Add New Site form some significant updates. These include:
- Simpler top section of the page
- Separate sections for
- Address (for on-screen and PDF display)
- Location (physical location of the site)
- A larger map to display the site location map pin
- Required Latitude and Longitude for all sites
Technician Filter on Schedule
The technician filter on the Schedule will soon be changing to "Users" and will display both the first name and last name of each in schedule user.
PDF Spacing Improvements and Better Page Breaks
With the addition of the new mini-aging report section on PDFs, this meant your PDFs got longer. Since that release, we've made some updates to the PDF layout and spacing to:
- Keep the PDF on one page, whenever possible, even with the mini-aging report section
- Ensure the "from address" and "to address" appear correctly in double window and single window envelopes (we used the most common envelopes and brands to determine the placement of the two addresses)
- Prevent the tear off portion of your invoice being split across two pages
- Display dates in an easy-to-read format ("Jan 1, 1900" instead of "Jan 01, 1900")
- Reduce the amount of black bars on the page, to help save ink when printing the PDF
- Eliminate any extra lines/rows of whitespace to keep the PDF shorter
The following improvements will also be coming soon to your ServiceCore account:
- Overpayments: We are currently in the planning and design phases to allow you to accept overpayments (when your customer sends you a check for more than their open balance).
- Email Statements: We are also current in the planning and design phases of features what will allow you to send statements to customer via email, as well functionality that will allow you to print/email statements in bulk.
- Reports: We are working to make all reports in ServiceCore exportable to Excel as .CSV files. Reports will be updated one at a time, so keep a look out in the release announcements for this feature when it becomes available.
- Site Latitude and Longitude: Soon, we will require that all sites have Latitude and Longitude coordinates for routing purposes.
- Invoice Attachments: You will soon be able to add attachments when editing an invoice. Right now attachments can only be added when creating a new invoice.
- Completed Rental Jobs: If you need to change the serial number on rental jobs completed via the ServiceCore web app, you will soon be able to with upcoming rental job improvements.
- Rental Invoice Dates: When you create one-time invoices for a rental, we're making it easier to choose the correct invoice date: Today, Rental Start Date, or Rental End Date.
- Search Rentals by Phone Number: Soon you will be able to search Rentals by customer phone, customer contacts phone, or site contacts phone numbers.
If you want to be the first to know when the features and improvements above are live in your account, you can get release announcements delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday. Here's how:
- Go to Release Announcements
- Click Follow
If you have any questions, concerns, feedback, or downright skepticism about any of the upcoming features or improvements mentioned above, please feel free to contact email@example.com for more information.