Here's your peek behind the curtain. This page describes upcoming features, tools, improvements and functionality that the ServiceCore team is currently discussing, sketching, designing, coding and testing.
Service Times for Routing
We are almost done building and releasing new functionality that will allow you to add duration times to jobs and products. This builds into our larger project of showing total service time on daily routes to help you plan routes more effectively based on service time in addition to total miles driven and driving time.
What's Already Been Released?
- Edit Default Jobs Types: 3/25/2021 Release - Bulk Print of Statements, Edit Default Job Types, Delete Invoices, and more
- Service Durations on Jobs: 3/4/2021 Release - Sales by Customer Report, Roundtrip Routes, Service Durations on Jobs, Site Addresses on Statement PDFs, and more
- Drive Times on Schedule Map: 2/25/2021 Release - Drive Times on Schedule Map, Starting Locations on Repeat Job Routes, and more
- Total Route Time on Schedule Map and Durations on Destinations: Link coming soon
What's Coming Next?
- Add Durations to Job Types via Settings: If you have a base level amount of time for your job types, you will be able to set these up one time through settings, so that service time duration will already be filled out each time you create a new job
- Product Durations: In addition to a base-level job time, you will be able to set per-product service time durations in settings, and ServiceCore will handle calculating the total job time for you
Here are a few screenshots to show you what's in store:
We are putting the finishing touches on a new map in Settings > Inventory, that will show pins for all inventory with GPS coordinates. This should make it easier to quickly locate serialized items out in the field, or to see at a glance which items are located in your yards.
View All Jobs on a Map
We are also looking to start development soon on a new view for the schedule, that will allow you to see all jobs for a day on one map. This map will include pins and visual information to show:
- Jobs assigned to each user on that day
- Unassigned jobs for that day
- Where an existing route overlaps with other jobs
- Easy options to assign jobs to drivers, to prevent route overlap or backtracking
Get Your Hands Dirty with Data
We are looking to start development soon on the following .CSV exports of your data out of ServiceCore, so you can download and review them in your spreadsheet program of choice:
Service Tickets and Route Sheet Printouts
We are working on a new feature that will make it so you can download, save or print a day's worth of service tickets and daily route sheets in one click. These PDFs will include all information for all users on the schedule, so you don't have to click on each person, one at a time to get these documents.
Right now, if you Use Schedule Suggestion when creating or editing a job, the new job goes all the way to the bottom of the daily route. We will be improving this feature so that the new job is placed into the middle of the route, rather than the bottom.
When recording a payment, you will soon have the option to choose a payment method of "ACH/EFT", in addition to the choices available today (cash, check, credit memo, credit card).
Edit and Void Payments
We are looking to start development soon on some improvements to payments, so that you can edit or void payments yourself if needed. Right now, your only options are to delete the payment (not ideal) or to contact ServiceCore Support for assistance. For example, if you need to change which payment is applied to which invoice, or want more flexibility of how payments are applied to outstanding items, you'll soon have more options.
Create Invoices for Individual Rental Jobs
We are also looking to start development soon on providing you with more options to more easily invoice rental jobs. Particularly if you want to charge separately for an extra delivery, or extra service in the middle of a billing cycle.
Other Improvements Include:
- Swaps: Swaps will allow you to exchange the serial numbers of items on a job site in less steps, and without having to create two jobs (a delivery and a pick-up job)
- Advance Billing: We are busy planning on how to improve rental billing when you bill in advance, so you never miss out on extra service jobs, one-time charges, or mid-cycle deliveries or pick-ups that happen during the course of a rental
If you want to be the first to know when the features and improvements above are live in your account, you can get release announcements delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday. Here's how:
- Go to Release Announcements
- Click Follow
If you have any questions, concerns, feedback, or downright skepticism about any of the upcoming features or improvements mentioned above, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.