The following improvements will be available in ServiceCore on or after June 25, 2020. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
When you don't want to give a customer a refund, a credit memo is a great alternative. Credit memos in ServiceCore are now even better! You will see improvements to the sections below when creating, editing and viewing credit memos and other accounting pages in ServiceCore.
Payment Details Page
If you apply a credit memo as a form of payment for an invoice, you will see the following changes:
Credit Memo Details Page
When you're looking at a credit memo details page for an Unapplied or Partially Applied credit memo, you will see the following changes:
Credit Memo Tabs
When you're looking at a list of credit memos, for Unapplied or Partially Applied credit memos in the following locations:
- Accounting > Credit Memos
- Customers > Accounting > Credit Memos
You will see the following changes:
Create Invoice Form
When you are creating a new invoice or editing an existing invoice, you will see the following changes to the buttons across the bottom of the page:
Invoice Details Page
When you look at an invoice details page, you will see the following changes to the actions and buttons on the page:
When you are looking at lists of unpaid invoices in one of these locations:
- Accounting > Unpaid > Unpaid Tab list of invoices
- Accounting > Unpaid > Overdue Tab list of invoices
- Customers > Accounting > Unpaid > Unpaid Tab list of invoices
- Customers > Accounting > Unpaid > Overdue Tab list of invoices
When you click on Record Payment:
|If there are credit memos available for the customer
|You will be taken to the Record Payment Form with the Apply Credit Memo section showing and no credit memos pre-selected and no payment method pre-selected
|You will be taken to the Record Payment Form with the payment method of Credit Memo pre-selected
|If there are no credit memos available for the customer
|You will be taken to the Record Payment Form with no "Apply Credit Memo" section and no payment method pre-selected
|You will be taken to the Record Payment Form with no payment method pre-selected and the Credit Memo payment method will not be clickable
- Export to Excel for Estimates: You will now be able to export to excel (download a .CSV file) for estimates and no longer see an error message before the download begins.
- Repeat Job Completion Notes: The issue has been fixed where if you edited the job completion notes for a repeat job, those notes were being copied to future, unscheduled jobs in the same repeat job series. Job completion notes now only appear for the specific repeat job you are marking as done.
- Void Invoices: You will no longer be able to edit voided invoices from Customers → Jobs tab → Expand the Job → drop-down/menu options next to View Invoice.
The following additional features will be coming soon:
- Void Credit Memos: The ability to void a credit memo
- Payment Receipts: The ability to email payment receipts from more pages
- New Login Look: If you access your ServiceCore account by logging in from servicecore.com, you'll notice that the website has a new look. You will still log in using the "Log In" button in the upper right corner of servicecore.com.
- Billing Plan Tab: Soon you will be able to see which billing plan you are subscribed to in your account Settings section, and be able to manage the credit card for your subscription from within ServiceCore.
To know when these changes are live in your account, you can always see the latest information about new features and improvements on our release announcements page. Click the Follow button on that page to receive notifications about new release announcements.