The following improvements will be available in ServiceCore on or after June 4, 2020. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
The rentals list view has been updated in the following locations:
- Rentals > List Tab
- Accounting > Ready for Invoice > Rentals tab
- Customers > Customer Details > Rentals tab
- Sites > Rentals tab
- Global Search > Rentals
When you see a list of rentals in your ServiceCore account, you will see some new statuses for your rentals. These statuses include:
- "Scheduled": No inventory is on site yet, and rental start date (first delivery job date) is in the future
- "In Progress": If there is (or was) inventory on the site today
- "Done": No inventory is still out on site, and rental end date (final pick-up job date) is in the past
Changes to your rentals list views:
- You will now see the status in a colored label for each rental.
- The "Service" jobs column has been removed to accommodate the new status labels
- You can also filter your rentals by each status.
Why do I see a rental with a status of "In Progress" and there is no inventory showing to be out on site?
Because the final pick-up job is scheduled for today. If you look again tomorrow, that same rental will have a status of "Done".
Credit Memo Tabs
As a user that does billing in ServiceCore, you will now be able to search, filter, and sort credit memos so that you can locate them more easily.
These improvements will show up in the following locations:
Changes to how you can view and use credit memos:
- You will now be able to search for credit memos by full or partial:
- Credit memo number
- Customer name
- You will now be able to filter by credit memo status of:
- "Partially Applied"
- The columns in the table now show amounts for:
- "Amount": the original amount of the credit memo
- "Remaining": the amount remaining to apply
What else is coming for credit memos?
We're glad you asked! Check out additional upcoming items in this help article: Coming Soon: Credit Memo Improvements
- Emails: We've made some improvements behind the scenes to allow our system to better handle emails if the server is experiencing any issues.
- Testing: We've made improvements behind the scenes to support better testing of features before they are released.
- Add New Customer: When creating a customer using the New Customer form, you will now see errors on the form before you can submit it if you have entered any invalid data, such as an invalid date. Previously, errors weren't displayed on the form so it appeared that the form was not responding.
- Edit Credit Memo: The message that appears across the top of the page after you edit a credit memo now has the correct wording.
- Associate Rental Popup: The "Confirm" button is now showing correctly inside the popup window when you see the "Associate Rental" popup.
- Record Payment: On the "Record Payment Form", when copying the invoice amount or open balance and pasting it into the "Invoice payment" field, the dollar amount will now paste in correctly and not show the letters "NaN".
- Billing Plan Tab: Soon you will be able to see which billing plan you are subscribed to in your account Settings section, and be able to manage the credit card for your subscription from within ServiceCore.
- Credit Memo Improvements: We're working hard to make credit memos easy! Soon you will be able to search credit memos, apply credit memos in less clicks, and easily see which invoices were paid with credit memos. Please check out a side-by-side comparison of the upcoming changes in a new knowledge base article: Coming Soon: Credit Memo Improvements
- Billing Improvements: We're also beginning to plan for additional billing improvements to allow you to accept payments for more than 80 invoices at once, accept overpayments, unapply and edit payments, and record security deposits (record a payment without an invoice).