The following improvements will be available in ServiceCore on or after July 2, 2020. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
Please note: The ServiceCore office will be closed tomorrow, Friday, July 3 in observance of the Independence Day Holiday.
Monthly Training Webinars
Beginning this month, we will be hosting monthly webinar training sessions to provide our users with software refreshers. These training sessions are especially valuable for your new hires or existing staff that might be wearing new hats lately and are using new areas of ServiceCore. This session is also geared towards ServiceCore power users who want to learn even more tips and tricks to get the most out of ServiceCore.
Please join us on July 15, 2020 at 10:00AM MDT to discover how to optimize your ServiceCore settings for the best results. Please use the link below to save your spot:
Note: If you can't attend, that's ok! As long as you register, we will send you the recording of the session afterwards.
For more information and to learn when additional webinars will be happening, you can also check out our help article: ServiceCore Monthly Training Series.
Void Credit Memos
You will now be able to void unapplied credit memos when you need to. To take advantage of this feature, you can:
- Go to the following location:
- Accounting > Credit Memos
- Customers > Accounting Tab > Credit Memos
- Locate an Unapplied credit memo (partially applied and closed credit memos cannot be voided)
- Click View Credit Memo for the credit memo you want to void
- Click the down arrow in the upper right corner
- Click Void Credit Memo from the list of options that appear
- Fill out the Reason voided (optional)
- Click Void Credit Memo
How do I void a closed or partially applied credit memo?
First, delete any payments that appear in the payments section on the credit memo details page. Then follow the steps above.
- Apply Credit Memos: When you create a new credit memo, or edit an existing unapplied credit memo, you will now see a button called "Apply Credit Memo" that lets you apply this credit memo right away.
- Improved Testing: Several improvements have been made behind the scenes to make it easier for our team to quickly and accurately test ServiceCore before new features are released.
- Get Directions on the Mobile App: For some users of the ServiceCore Mobile App, they were receiving an error after clicking on the "Get Directions" button. This error has now been fixed. Once you get an alert on your device from the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) that an update is available for our App, please download and install the latest version of the ServiceCore Mobile App.
- Login to Full Site from Mobile App: When visiting the ServiceCore web app from the Mobile App, you will no longer be asked to login before you can view the full site.
- Job Times while Offline: Users of the mobile app will now see job times displayed for jobs, even when offline. For more information about using the mobile app offline, check out our help article: FAQs About Offline Mode.
- Payment Receipt Emails: For receipts sent to your customers by email, those will now correctly display the reference number in the email itself, if a reference number was entered at the time of recording the payment, for payments made by cash, check or non-processed credit cards. For processed credit cards (CardConnect or Authorize.net) the confirmation number will now display correctly as well.
- Default Tax: If you change the default tax rate in your account, when you create accounting items with taxes, that default rate will now show up automatically in the tax rate dropdown, instead of showing the previous default tax rate.
- Estimates: After you print or email an estimate from Accounting > Ready for Invoice > Estimates, the page will update immediately to show that the estimate was emailed or printed.
- Estimates Filters: If you use the filter by options when viewing a list of estimates, you will no longer see an error after the filter is applied.
- Overdue Invoices on Jobs: The badge showing "Overdue" in red for overdue invoices on job details pages is now displaying correctly.
The following additional features will be coming soon:
- Payment Receipts: The ability to email payment receipts from more pages
- New Login Look: If you access your ServiceCore account by logging in from servicecore.com, you'll notice that the website has a new look. You will still log in using the "Log In" button in the upper right corner of servicecore.com.
- Billing Plan Tab: Soon you will be able to see which billing plan you are subscribed to in your account Settings section, and be able to manage the credit card for your subscription from within ServiceCore.
- Deleting Inventory: We're in the planning stages to allow you to have more control over your inventory, specifically to delete inventory that's no longer available for use, or items created by mistake. More details will be provided as they become available.
- Mini-Aging Report on Invoices: We're in the initial planning and design phases of a new addition to invoice PDFs: a mini-aging report section. This section will show current, 30, 60, 90 and 90+ days amounts due so your customers always know how much they owe you over time. More details will be provided as they become available.
To know when these changes are live in your account, you can always see the latest information about new features and improvements on our release announcements page. Click the Follow button on that page to receive notifications about new release announcements.