The following improvements will be available in ServiceCore on or after July 9, 2020. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
Monthly Training Webinars
Beginning this month, we will be hosting monthly webinar training sessions to provide our users with software refreshers. These training sessions are especially valuable for your new hires or existing staff that might be wearing new hats lately and are using new areas of ServiceCore. This session is also geared towards ServiceCore power users who want to learn even more tips and tricks to get the most out of ServiceCore.
Please join us on Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 10:00AM MDT to discover how to optimize your ServiceCore settings for the best results. Please use the link below to save your spot:
Note: If you can't attend, that's ok! As long as you register, we will send you the recording of the session afterwards.
For more information and to learn when additional webinars will be happening, you can also check out our help article: ServiceCore Monthly Training Series.
Payment Receipt Emails
We've added even more ways to send your customers their payment receipts by email. So if your customer needs invoices sent to John, and payment receipts sent to Jane, it's easy! Now, when you record a payment you will be able to:
- Add or remove customer, contacts, and other email addresses at the time of recording the payment
- Send the payment receipt after recording the payment from the following locations:
- Payment details page
- Invoice details page > Payments Section
- Accounting > Payments tab
- Send the receipt to additional email addresses at any time
- Improved Testing: Several improvements have been made behind the scenes to make it easier for our team to quickly and accurately test ServiceCore before new features are released.
- Void Invoices: Editing void invoices from the schedule has been disabled.
QuickBooks Users: Reactivate Services, Accounts and Customers
For ServiceCore users that sync their account with QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop, when you attempt to edit an invoice or credit memo that is linked to an inactive Service, Account, or Customer, you will now see a message asking if you would like to reactivate this item in order to sync that item. Inactive services, accounts and customers cannot be synced to QuickBooks. If you want this item to syne, you will need to reactivate it first.
The reactivation notice will look like this:
Taxable Sales Detail
A new report is available for you called "Taxable Sales Detail". This report includes a summary of sales transactions containing taxes. This report is different than the Detailed Sales Report in that it contains columns and data for:
- Nontaxable sales
- Taxable sales
- Total Sales (including tax)
This report will also be available to download and export to Excel as a .CSV file.
The following additional features will also be coming soon:
- Sales Tax by Tax Code Report: The Sales Tax by Tax Code report will be updated to include tax codes used on credit memos and refunds (and the amounts have been reduced by any tax amounts present on credit memos and refunds). This report will be available to export to Excel as a .CSV file.
- New Login Look: If you access your ServiceCore account by logging in from servicecore.com, you'll notice that the website has a new look. You will still log in using the "Log In" button in the upper right corner of servicecore.com.
- Billing Plan Tab: Soon you will be able to see which billing plan you are subscribed to in your account Settings section, and be able to manage the credit card for your subscription from within ServiceCore.
- Deleting Inventory: We're in the planning stages to allow you to have more control over your inventory, specifically to delete inventory that's no longer available for use, or items created by mistake. More details will be provided as they become available.
- Mini-Aging Report on Invoices: We're in the initial planning and design phases of a new addition to invoice PDFs: a mini-aging report section. This section will show current, 30, 60, 90 and 90+ days amounts due so your customers always know how much they owe you over time. More details will be provided as they become available.
To know when these changes are live in your account, you can always see the latest information about new features and improvements on our release announcements page. Click the Follow button on that page to receive notifications about new release announcements.