The following improvements will be available in ServiceCore on or after July 16, 2020. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
QuickBooks Users: Reactivate Services, Accounts and Customers
For ServiceCore users that sync their account with QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop, when you attempt to edit an invoice or credit memo that is linked to an inactive Service, Account, or Customer, you will now see a message asking if you would like to reactivate this item in order to sync that item. Inactive services, accounts and customers cannot be synced to QuickBooks. If you want this item to syne, you will need to reactivate it first.
The reactivation notice will look like this:
Credit Memo Filter
When viewing a list of payments in ServiceCore, you will now be able to filter by payments that have a payment method of "Credit Memo".
New ServiceCore.com Website
Starting Monday afternoon, you may notice some changes at ServiceCore.com as we migrate our website over to a fresh, new version. This will not impact any of the functionality within the ServiceCore web app and the existing user website experience will remain largely the same. This includes logging in to the app (still on the top right of the homepage), submitting support tickets, and chat support. We’re very excited to put a fresh face on our company and hope you enjoy the new look!
If you experience any issues whatsoever, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org directly and we'll work to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
- Deposit Reports Date Ranges: When you set a custom date range when viewing a deposit report, the date range will stay the same when you change tabs.
- Report Drop Downs: When you click to change tabs when viewing reports, the "Switch Report" dropdown will be updated automatically to display the report you're currently viewing.
- Credit Memos sync with QuickBooks Desktop: Payments made with a single credit memo will now sync correctly to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Editing Customers on Invoices: If you need to edit the customer on an invoice, once you save and view the invoice, the new customer you selected will now display correctly.
- Credit Memos: The buttons on the page when you create or edit a credit memo are now in the correct order and using the correct colors.
- Credit Memo PDFs: If your credit memo includes a message at the bottom, this message will no longer affect how the upper portion of the PDF is aligned to the left and right.
Taxable Sales Detail
A new report is available for you called "Taxable Sales Detail". This report includes a summary of sales transactions containing taxes. This report is different than the Detailed Sales Report in that it contains columns and data for:
- Nontaxable sales
- Taxable sales
- Total Sales (including tax)
This report will also be available to download and export to Excel as a .CSV file.
The following additional features will also be coming soon:
- Sales Tax by Tax Code Report: The Sales Tax by Tax Code report will be updated to include tax codes used on credit memos and refunds (and the amounts have been reduced by any tax amounts present on credit memos and refunds). This report will be available to export to Excel as a .CSV file.
- New Login Look: If you access your ServiceCore account by logging in from servicecore.com, you'll notice that the website has a new look after Monday, July 20. You will still log in using the "Log In" button in the upper right corner of servicecore.com.
- Billing Plan Tab: Soon you will be able to see which billing plan you are subscribed to in your account Settings section, and be able to manage the credit card for your subscription from within ServiceCore.
- Deleting Inventory: We're in the planning stages to allow you to have more control over your inventory, specifically to delete inventory that's no longer available for use, or items created by mistake. More details will be provided as they become available.
- Mini-Aging Report on Invoices: We're in the initial planning and design phases of a new addition to invoice PDFs: a mini-aging report section. This section will show current, 30, 60, 90 and 90+ days amounts due so your customers always know how much they owe you over time. More details will be provided as they become available.
To know when these changes are live in your account, you can always see the latest information about new features and improvements on our release announcements page. Click the Follow button on that page to receive notifications about new release announcements.