The following improvements will be available in ServiceCore on or after July 23, 2020. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
New ServiceCore.com Website
You may notice ServiceCore.com has a fresh, new look. This won't impact any of the functionality within the ServiceCore web app and your existing user experience will remain largely the same. This includes logging in to the app (still on the top right of the homepage), submitting support tickets, and chat support. We’re very excited to put a fresh face on our company and hope you enjoy the new look!
If you experience any issues whatsoever, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org directly and we'll work to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
- Customer Stats Calculation: Improvements have been made behind the scenes that will allow you to accept payments for more than 60 invoices and delete a payment that is applied to more than 60 invoices without seeing an error.
- Tax Code Selection: When you create an accounting document with a service that is taxable (tax checkbox is selected on line item) the system will now require you to select a tax code before saving. This will ensure that data will be consistent across transactions and reporting.
- Sales Tax by Tax Code Report: The Sales Tax by Tax Code report has been updated to include tax codes used on credit memos and refunds (and the amounts have been reduced by any tax amounts present on credit memos and refunds). This report will be available to export to Excel as a .CSV file.
- Improved Testing: Several improvements have been made behind the scenes to make it easier for our team to quickly and accurately test ServiceCore before new features are released.
- Online Payments: The online payment checkbox on the create invoice and recurring invoice form will now hide if your account is not enabled for credit card processing.
Taxable Sales Detail
A new report is available for you called "Taxable Sales Detail". This report includes a summary of sales transactions containing taxes. This report is different than the Detailed Sales Report in that it contains columns and data for:
- Nontaxable sales
- Taxable sales
- Total Sales (including tax)
This report will also be available to download and export to Excel as a .CSV file.
Mini-Aging Report on Invoices
We're in the building phase of a new addition to invoice PDFs: a mini-aging report section. This section will show current, 30, 60, 90 and 90+ days amounts due so your customers always know how much they owe you over time. More details will be provided as they become available. Below is an example of what this will look like on an invoice:
The following additional features will also be coming soon:
- Billing Plan Tab: Soon you will be able to see which billing plan you are subscribed to in your account Settings section, and be able to manage the credit card for your subscription from within ServiceCore.
- Deleting Inventory: We're in the planning stages to allow you to have more control over your inventory, specifically to delete inventory that's no longer available for use, or items created by mistake. More details will be provided as they become available.
- Receive Payments for More than 80 Invoices: We will soon be upgrading the Record Payment form to allow you to accept payments for up to 400 invoices at a time for a single customer.
- Inventory Availability from Dashboard and Rentals: Soon you will be able to view your inventory availability with one click from the ServiceCore Dashboard and the Rentals section.
- Invoice Dates: When creating a one-time invoice for a rental, the invoice date will soon default to today's date, instead of the rental start date.
To know when these changes are live in your account, you can always see the latest information about new features and improvements on our release announcements page. Click the Follow button on that page to receive notifications about new release announcements.