The following improvements will be available in ServiceCore on or after September 24, 2020. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
Add and Edit Inventory Items Using the ServiceCore Mobile App
Starting as soon as tomorrow, will be able to add and edit itemized inventory items using the ServiceCore Mobile App. Once your device sends you an alert or message that a new version of ServiceCore is available to download, you can take advantage of this new feature.
Whether you're out in the field, in your yard, you're a new customer adding inventory for the first time, or you're performing an inventory audit, now you can more easily manage inventory from your phone or tablet.
If you haven't done so already, download the ServiceCore Mobile App:
- Download on Google play (Android)
- Download on the App Store (Apple)
To access this feature:
- Open the ServiceCore Mobile App on your device and login
- In the header, tap on the menu icon (three stacked lines, aka the hamburger icon) in the upper left corner of the screen
- In the menu that appears, tap Inventory
- Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner
- Tap Download Inventory
- Tap Download Now in the pop-up that appears
- Wait while your inventory downloads
- Tap on an Itemized Product
- Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner or the Green (+) Icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap Add Item
- Fill out the Add New Item form
- Tap Save
Here's a preview of what the new add and edit item screens look like:
If you weren't able to attend our training series webinars over the past three months, well, you're in luck! Please visit our ServiceCore Monthly Training Series page to find links to re-watch the webinars.
Global Job Search
When you use the global job search to look for jobs, your search results will now look even better and give you access to job features in less clicks.
To access the global jobs search:
- Click the orange magnifying glass icon in the ServiceCore header
- Choose Jobs from the dropdown
- Enter in a search term in the search box
- Click the Search button (magnifying glass button)
If you use our "Optimize Day" feature to optimize daily routes from the Map View on the schedule, you have to "Refresh" the page to see the new route. It was a little hard to see the "Refresh Schedule" button, so we've made the button easier to find!
Now, when you click Optimize Day, you will see a loader as your route is optimized. Then, you will click on the "Refresh Schedule" button to see the new route. You can't miss it!
If you sync with Quickbooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop, you will no longer be able to edit accounts in your Chart of Accounts that were imported from QuickBooks from within your ServiceCore account. We put this measure in place to make sure that the account names and codes in ServiceCore aren't changed or edited which could potentially cause issues when data exports from ServiceCore to QuickBooks.
Your chart of accounts tab will look like this example:
Improvements also include:
- Testing: We've made improvements behind the scenes to support better testing of features before they are released.
- GPS: We've made improvements behind the scenes to allow better management of GPS coordinates for sites and addresses.
- Payment Export: The customer billing address will now appear in .CSV exports of the Payments tab from accounting or the customer accounting payments tab.
- Recurring Invoices: When viewing your list of recurring invoices, you will now see the invoice date on the recurring invoice preview screen.
- Company Settings: An issue has been fixed where recurring invoices failed to be created if your account had no company logo uploaded via company settings.
Please find our coming soon information at its new home: Coming Soon: New Features and Improvements.