The following improvements will be available in ServiceCore on or after October 22, 2020. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
With this latest release, you can now send open item statements to your unpaid and overdue customers by email.
Show Me How
For a guided walk through of this new feature, follow these steps:
- Login to your ServiceCore Account
- Click this link: Send Statements by Email*
* Note: To use the link above, please disable any ad blockers. This walk through is only available to users with a permission level or manager or higher.
Tell Me How
To access this feature, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Customers
- Click Filter by
- Using the Status dropdown, choose a status of Unpaid or Overdue
- Click Close
- Use the sort by or search box to further refine your list if needed
- Locate the customer you want to send a statement to
- Click View Customer
- Click the Accounting tab
- If this customer's preferred billing communication method is "Email", click Email Statement
- If this customer's preferred billing communication method is "Print", click the down arrow then click Email Statement
- Add or edit the email address in the popup that appears
- Click Send Email
- Your customer will then be sent an email with their statement attached
Here are a few more preview screens to show you this new feature:
Also, coming soon will be the option to send statements to customers in bulk. For more information, check out our article: Coming Soon: New Features and Improvements.
Add New Customer Form
We've remodeled the add new customer form to make it cleaner, simpler, and easier to use. Improvements include:
- All customer name fields are located closer together
- The preferred billing communication section and email address field have been moved next to each other
- Extra, redundant titles and white space have been removed
When you unassign services from inventory products, you will now see an alert if that service is currently being used for rental rates on active rentals.
PDF Spacing Improvements and Better Page Breaks
With the addition of the new mini-aging report section on PDFs, this meant your PDFs got longer. Since that release, we've made some updates to the PDF layout and spacing to:
- Keep the PDF on one page, whenever possible, even with the mini-aging report section
- Ensure the "from address" and "to address" appear correctly in double window and single window envelopes (we used the most common envelopes and brands to determine the placement of the two addresses)
- Prevent the tear off portion of your invoice being split across two pages
- Display dates in an easy-to-read format ("Jan 1, 1900" instead of "Jan 01, 1900")
- Reduce the amount of black bars on the page, to help save ink when printing the PDF
- Eliminate any extra lines/rows of whitespace to keep the PDF shorter
- Show the "Pay Online ID" in an easier to read font
- Rentals List: When you sort by site address on the Rentals tab, you will no longer see an error message and the search results will be sorted in the correct order.
- Geocoding of Site Addresses: You will not longer see a redundant geolocation error message on the site details page if you use the customer billing address as the display address on PDFs.
- Authorize.Net Users: When paying two invoices with the same dollar amount within five minutes of each other, you may have received an error message saying: "A duplicate transaction has been submitted". This issue has been resolved and you will no longer see this message and will be able to process the payment as expected.
- QuickBooks Desktop Onboarding: We have resolved an issue where the initial sync for new customers using our QuickBooks Desktop integration would sometimes fail due to how customer name data is imported.
Please find our coming soon information at its new home: Coming Soon: New Features and Improvements.