The items mentioned below will be available on or after April 22, 2021. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
Add Photos Before, During, or After Job Completion Using the ServiceCore Mobile App
When you need to take photos of a job site or rental unit before and after for proof of service, or to prove in pictures that a unit was damaged or moved, now it's easier than ever before. The ServiceCore Mobile App now allows you to take photos and have them become job attachments at any point including:
- Before a jobs is started
- Anytime while a job is in progress
- During job completion
- After a job is completed
How to Take Photos
To take advantage of this feature, simply:
And that's it! The photo will now be attached to the job. Photos will even be saved to the job if you are offline (outside wifi or wireless data coverage areas).
If you haven't done so already, download the ServiceCore Mobile App:
- Download on Google play (Android)
- Download on the App Store (Apple)
This update will be available as soon as your device prompts you to download the latest version of the ServiceCore Mobile App, or will happen automatically if you have automatic updates enabled on your device.
You are now able to set per-product service time durations in settings for each job type in your account. ServiceCore will handle calculating the total job time so you can make better decisions when setting up routes based on service and drive times.
Associate Job Types to Inventory Products
- For each inventory product in your account, you can associate job types to that product
- For example, if you have a product called "Standard Unit" you can associate the job type of "Advanced Cleaning"
Add Product Service Time Durations
- After you associate job types to products, you can then add a product durations for each job type
- The "Product Duration" is the amount of time it takes to perform that type of job for that type of product
- For example, if you have a product called "Standard Unit"
- For a job type of "Advanced Cleaning", you might enter in 10 minutes as the duration
- For a job type of "Basic Cleaning", you might enter in 6 minutes as the duration
Let Us Handle the Math
Once you associate jobs types to your inventory and add product durations, we take care of the math:
- Job Duration can be set each time you create a job, let's say for a service job you give it a duration of 15 minutes
- Then, we add to that job duration the Product Duration Time (10 min per product) x Number of Products (3)
- Job Duration + (Product Duration x Number of Products) = Total Planned Duration of 45 minutes
How to Get Started
To add durations to products, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Inventory > Products
- Select a Product from the list
- Click the Durations tab
- Click Assign Job Type
- In the pop-up that appears, select one or more job types to associate with this product
- Click Assign Job Types
- Enter in the Product Duration for each job type (in hours and minutes)
- Your changes will be saved automatically
- Once you create a rental with a job of the same type, after you save the rental, the jobs will inherit the job duration and per-product duration automatically
- This time will display as Planned Duration on the job details page
- This time will also display on the Schedule Map view for any route where this job appears
Rentals .CSV Export
You will now be able to export your list of rentals as a .CSV file to open in your spreadsheet program of choice. To take advantage of this feature, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Rentals
- Click Export to Excel
- Check your inbox for an email from ServiceCore with the subject line: “Your Export is Ready: Rentals”
- Open the email and click Download CSV File
When you need a quick snapshot of jobs each day, head over to the Jobs Report. We have updated the quick link buttons on the page to provide options to quickly view jobs for:
- This Week
- This Month
- Rental Jobs: We have fixed an issue where rental jobs that were not yet invoiced sometimes did not show up in the create invoice right-hand sidebar.
- Complete Jobs: We have also fixed an issue where the order of jobs on the schedule would sometimes change once a job was marked complete.
How to Save Time and Money on Credit Card Processing
Please join us as Megan, Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships at CardConnect, partners with John Gadeken to talk about credit card processing. They will be discussing:
- Credit card integration with ServiceCore
- PCI compliance
- Tips & tricks for the waste industry
- How to save time & money
- Live Q&A
- Who: Anyone in the portable toilet rental, roll-off dumpster, septic & FOG space
- When: April 29th at 10:00am MST (and via recording)
- Where: Wherever you want (online webinar)
- Why: Make sure your software and card processing system are working for you
Please find our coming soon information at its new home: Coming Soon: New Features and Improvements.