The items mentioned below will be available on or after June 1, 2021. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
When recording a payment, you now have the option to choose a payment method of "ACH/EFT", in addition to the choices available today (cash, check, credit memo, credit card). Please note, choosing this payment method does not actually process the payment as an ACH/EFT transaction through ServiceCore.
To see this new feature, follow these steps:
- Click the (+) icon in the header
- Click Record Payment from the list of options that appear
- Select a Customer
- Select ACH/EFT from the Payment Method dropdown
QuickBooks Desktop Users
A special note for QuickBooks Desktop (QBD) users: Before selecting a payment method of ACH/EFT when recording a payment in ServiceCore, you must add the payment method of ACH/EFT into your QBD account.
Here are steps on how to do this:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- From the Lists menu, select Customer & Vendor Profile Lists
- Choose Payment Method List
- Select Payment Method and choose New
- Enter the Payment Method as ACH/EFT (with this exact spelling and capitalization)
- Enter the Payment Type as ACH/EFT (if this field appears in your version of QBD)
- IMPORTANT: The Payment Method should match the Payment Type
- Select OK
For more information about this process, please refer to QuickBooks help article: Add or modify the accepted credit card types in QuickBooks or the help documentation that comes with your version of QBD.
Job Type Durations
The latest release includes:
- The ability to add durations to job types in settings
- Job type durations will show for each product in inventory settings
What does that mean?
If you have a base level amount of time for your job types, you can set these durations one time through settings, so that service time duration will be pre-filled each time you create a new job. That means...
- If you add a duration of 30 Minutes to your job type of Inspection
- Every time you create a new Inspection job, the service duration will automatically get filled in with 30 minutes on the Create Job Form
- If you need to change the duration, you can always modify it on the job itself
- Or, you can go back to that job type in settings and change it there
- If this is a rental job: product durations will be automatically added to this job type duration
- For example, if the job type time is 10 minutes
- And this is a rental job where you will be servicing 3 units
- And each unit has a product duration of 9 minutes
- Your planned job duration will be: 10 minutes + (3 units x 9 minutes) = 37 minutes
- When you look at the job details page, the Planned Duration will show the total planned job duration
- Also, when you look at this job on the Schedule > Map view, this time will be added to all other job types to give you the total Service Time for the entire route
How do I get started?
To take advantage of this new feature, and see it in action follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Custom Fields > Job Types
- Locate the job type you want to edit
- Click Edit Job Type
- Fill in the Duration (hours and minutes, not to exceed 23 hours 59 minutes)
- Click Save
- Click the (+) sign in the header
- Click Create Job from the list of options that appear
- Choose the job type you just edited from the Select Job Type dropdown
- Look at the Duration field on the job; it will be pre-filled with the time you entered in settings
What's Already Been Released?
- Edit Default Jobs Types: 3/25/2021 Release - Bulk Print of Statements, Edit Default Job Types, Delete Invoices, and more
- Service Durations on Jobs: 3/4/2021 Release - Sales by Customer Report, Roundtrip Routes, Service Durations on Jobs, Site Addresses on Statement PDFs, and more
- Drive Times on Schedule Map: 2/25/2021 Release - Drive Times on Schedule Map, Starting Locations on Repeat Job Routes, and more
- Total Route Time on Schedule Map and Durations on Destinations: 4/18/2021 Release - Next and Last Service Dates on Rentals, Invoice Email Options, and more
- Product Durations: 4/22/2021 Release - Add Photos Before, During, or After Job Completion, Product Service Durations, Rentals CSV Export, and more
What's still to come?
- Job durations to pre-fill automatically on the create rental form
- Showing planned durations on job details pages for unassigned jobs
Before, when using Schedule Suggestion the new job you create would go to the very bottom of your driver’s daily schedule. Instead of the new job being 2 miles away in the route order, the new job would go to the bottom of the route, and be 50 miles away in the order. Then you'd have to rearrange the route to put it back in the spot you wanted. That's a lot of extra time and effort!
Now, when you use Schedule Suggestion, if you selects a job 2 miles away, the new job you create will be placed next in the route order. The new job will be 2 miles away as you'd expect.
- Destinations on Routes: We have resolved an issue where destinations on repeat job routes could get duplicated in the schedule after the route was edited.
Please find our coming soon information at its new home: Coming Soon: New Features and Improvements.