When you're ready to mark an exchange job as done or complete, it takes a few simple steps to complete the process. Exchange jobs can be easily completed whether you use bulk or itemized inventory. The important part about an exchange job is selecting which serial numbers were exchanged if you use itemized (serialized) inventory. But it's easy. We'll show you how to complete an exchange job using the web application version of ServiceCore.
In this article you'll learn how to complete an exchange job using the ServiceCore web application.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you begin this process:
- You must have Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to create exchange jobs that aren't assigned to you
- For jobs assigned to you, you can complete exchange jobs with any user permission level
- Before completing an exchange job, you must first create an exchange job
- If your drivers use the ServiceCore Mobile app to complete jobs, please also read this article: Manage Inventory During Exchange Jobs Using the Mobile App.
How to Complete an Exchange Job
Here are the steps to complete an exchange job:
- Locate the exchange job using one of these methods: Find a Job
- Once you're on the job details page, click Actions
- Click Complete Job
- Choose the correct Status, Job Completion Date, and fill out the Units of Measure (if that field is visible)
- If this exchange job included delivery/pick-up of Itemized Inventory
- The list of inventory will include all products that were exchanged on this job
- For each product, select the checkbox next to each serial number delivered during the exchange job
- Then, select the checkbox next to each serial number picked up during this exchange job
Note: If you don't see the right serial number, that means the serial number was not recorded during the original delivery job of that item
- Fill out the rest of the form
- Once you're finished, click Mark as Done
Once you've marked the job as done, here are the next steps you might take: