If you've created a credit memo by mistake or the credit is no longer applicable, you can void out a credit memo.
In this article, we'll go over the steps to void a credit memo.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process:
- You must have Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to create a void memo
- Partially applied and closed credit memos cannot be voided.
How to Void a Credit Memo
To void a credit memo, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Credit Memos tab under the Accounting section
- Click Filter By
- Filter by Unapplied status
- Locate an Unapplied credit memo
- Click the down arrow next to the View Credit Memo button for the credit memo you want to void
- Click Void Credit Memo from the list of options that appear
- Fill out the Reason voided (optional)
- Click Void Credit Memo