If you've created a credit memo by mistake or the credit is no longer applicable, you can void out a credit memo.
In this article, we'll go over the steps to void a credit memo.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process:
- You must have Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to create a void memo
- Partially applied and closed credit memos cannot be voided.
How to Void a Credit Memo
To void a credit memo, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Credit Memos tab under the Accounting section
- Click Filter By
- Filter by Unapplied status
- Locate an Unapplied credit memo
- Click the down arrow next to the View Credit Memo button for the credit memo you want to void
- Click Void Credit Memo from the list of options that appear
- Fill out the Reason voided (optional)
- Click Void Credit Memo
How do I void a closed or partially applied credit memo?
First, delete any payments or edit the payments that appear in the payments section on the credit memo details page. Then, follow the steps above for How to Void a Credit Memo.