ServiceCore offers you the ability to see each day's assigned and unassigned jobs on a single map.
Use this feature to make better decisions on how to split jobs and route your drivers. The map view helps prevent backtracking on routes and overlapping routes between drivers. Also, this view allows you to see which route or driver is best suited to take on unassigned jobs. And if your company has multiple dispatchers, you can control which driver's jobs appear on the map, so you can focus on specific jobs, rather than having to sort through all jobs for all dispatchers in your company.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you view all jobs for a day on the schedule map:
- Jobs shown on the map are for one day at a time
- You must have jobs created for the date you're looking at on the map in order for pins to appear on the map
- Unassigned jobs can be toggled on and off to hide or show them on the map
- Routes must have at least three stops in order to use route optimization
- All job sites and destinations require a valid latitude and longitude in order to show up on the map
- The speed at which the map loads will depend on factors like: how many job pins are on the map, your internet connection speed, and the complexity of daily routes that appear on the map
How to Use the Schedule Map
Show Me How!
For a brief walk through of the new map, login to your ServiceCore account and then click on this link: Schedule Map Walk Through.
Or follow the steps below...
View the Map
To start using the new schedule map, follow these steps:
- Click Schedule in the website header
- Click the Map button on the right of the schedule view options bar
Show Unassigned Jobs
To show unassigned jobs on the map, follow these steps:
- Check the checkbox in the sidebar for Show Unassigned Jobs
- Unassigned jobs will appear as red pins on the map
- To hide unassigned jobs, uncheck the box
Note: If you do not see any unassigned jobs on a day, it may be because you do not have any unassigned jobs scheduled for that date.
Filter by Users
To control which users' jobs you see on the map, follow these steps:
- Click the user button above the map
- In the pop-up that appears, select the checkbox next to each user you want to view on the map
- To select all users, check the box next to All Users in Schedule
- Click Apply Filter
View A Route
To view routes for each user, follow these steps:
- First choose which users you want to view all jobs for by filtering by users (if you don't select any users, you won't see jobs on the map)
- Once you have your users selected, then click on the View Route For dropdown option in the left-hand sidebar
- Select the user whose route you want to view
- The users route will appear with numbered pins and a blue route line connecting each stop on the route
- To optimize the route, click the (Optimize Day) gear icon at the top of the sidebar
Assign, Reassign or Reschedule Jobs
To assign an unassigned job, reassign a job to a different technician, or reschedule a job for another day, follow these steps:
- Locate the job on the map or the sidebar
- Hover over the job on the sidebar or Click on the map pin
- In the bubble that appears, click the Calendar Icon
- Select a new Day Of and/or Technician in the pop-up that appears
- Click Reschedule
Did the job just disappear?
- If the job was rescheduled for a new date, it will disappear from the sidebar and the map and you must go to the new date to see that job on the map again
- If the job was rescheduled for to a new user/technician:
- If that user is not currently visible on the schedule map, the pin for that job will disappear
- The job will disappear from the sidebar of the user whose route you are currently viewing on the map
Additional Job and Destination Actions
When you hover over a job or destination in the sidebar, or click on a map bubble, you will see action buttons including:
For Jobs (Sidebar and Map Pins)
- View Job
- Edit Job Schedule (Reschedule Job)
- Print Service Ticket
- Complete Job
- Invoice Job
- View Invoice (if the job is invoiced already)
For Destinations (Sidebar Only)
- Remove Destination
- Mark as Done / Mark as Not Done
For more information about what each button/icon means, check out our help article: About Schedule Icons.
What do you think?
Please use the feedback links on the page to provide feedback and suggestions, or to report any bugs you see. Real humans read every piece of feedback that you send us and we will use your feedback to make the schedule map even better. We look forward to learning from you!