The items mentioned below will be available on or after September 30, 2021. To see these new features you will need to do a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
View All Jobs on a Map
We are excited to invite you to try out a new experimental version of the schedule map that will show you all jobs for a day for all users.
This map will include pins and visual information to show:
- Jobs assigned to every user on that day
- Unassigned jobs for that day
- Where an existing route overlaps with other jobs on the same day
- Easy options to assign jobs to drivers, to prevent route overlap or backtracking
For a brief walk through of the new map, login to your ServiceCore account and then click on this link: Schedule Map Walk Through.
To start using the new schedule map, follow these steps:
- Login to your ServiceCore Account
- Click Schedule in the website header
- Click the Map button on the right of the schedule view options bar
- That's it!
For tips and tricks on how to use new map, check out this help article: Schedule Map.
Payment History Logs
You will now be able to see historical events for each payment in your ServiceCore account in a new payment history log that appears on each payment details page. We felt this feature was more important than ever because of recent payment functionality enhancements that allow you to edit payments and void payments.
Please note this feature is only available to users with the following permission levels:
To view the a payment's history log, follow these steps:
- Navigate to a payment details page from one of these starting locations:
- Accounting > Payments Tab
- Customer Details Page > Accounting > Payments Tab
- Invoice Details Page > Payments section (this section only appears if an invoice is fully or partially paid)
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Click on the View Payment History link
- The payment history log will appear in a pop-up
Online Payment Emails
When your customers pay invoices online using the online payment form, they will now receive an emailed copy of the invoice payment receipt if they enter an email address into the form. This makes it easy for your customers to send these emails to the right people on their end. Here is a screenshot of what this experience looks like for your customers:
Unit of Measure and Disposal Sites on Job Completion
For all job types in ServiceCore, your drivers and technicians can now record the quantity of waste disposed and the disposal site upon job completion. Previously, certain rental job types did not have this option. Now all jobs have this option.
To take advantage of this feature, please follow these steps:
- Verify that each job type has a unit of measure define by first going to Settings > Custom Fields > Job Types
- Locate any job type missing a unit of measure
- Click Edit Job Type
- In the pop-up, type in the type of waste you want to have recorded for this job type in the Unit of Measure field (e.g. gallons, yards, tons)
- Note: If you add a unit of measure, it will be required to be filled out upon job completion (it can be entered as a 0 if nothing was disposed during the job)
- Click Save
- Next, make sure you have disposal sites setup in your account by following these steps: Add a Destination
- Then, when you or your driver/technician complete a job using the ServiceCore web app or the ServiceCore Mobile App, the Unit of Measure and Disposal Site fields will appear on the job completion form, like this:
Once your mobile device sends you an alert or message that a new version of ServiceCore is available to download, you will see this new feature.
- Download on Google play (Android)
- Download on the App Store (Apple)
Other Improvements Include:
- Job Lists: Job lists will now be sorted by default by "Scheduled Date" in ascending order (A to Z) meaning, for example, jobs tomorrow will be at the top of the list, jobs next month will be at the bottom of the list.
- Invoice and Credit Memo Links: We've made the list of links for payment-related actions consistent across all payment lists (in accounting, on invoices, and on credit memos).
- QuickBooks Desktop Users: We've made behind the scenes improvements to how accounts and services sync from ServiceCore to your QuickBooks Desktop account.
- Edit Inventory on ServiceCore Mobile App: We have fixed an issue on the ServiceCore Mobile App where the page would not load when trying to edit an inventory item.
We want to hear your feedback about ServiceCore when it comes to possible new accounting features and route optimization improvements.
New Accounting Features
We're contemplating adding some new accounting features to ServiceCore. Would you mind telling us how you feel about these?
Route Optimization and Job Appointment Times
We're in the process of updating Route Optimization in ServiceCore. As part of this update, when you optimize a daily route, appointment times of jobs will be automatically taken into consideration so the stops are arranged in an optimal order. Would you mind telling us how you feel about this?
Please find our coming soon information at its new home: Coming Soon: New Features and Improvements.