The ServiceCore Mobile App strives to be available for use on mobile devices that are newer, older, and everywhere in between. Technology is rapidly changing and sometimes we have to make changes to if and how we support older devices (phones and tables) and older operating systems (Android and iOS).
In this article, you'll learn about the minimum mobile operating system (OS) requirements to use the ServiceCore Mobile App on your mobile devices.
Before You Start
Download the App
Before using the ServiceCore Mobile App on your device, you need to download it:
If you are unable to download the mobile app, this means:
- Your current Android or iOS operating system is too old (and sometimes too new!) for the current version of the app
- When a mobile app version or operating system (OS) is no longer supported, you’ll need to upgrade to a supported version to continue using ServiceCore
- Upgrading to a newer version is something you do on the device itself through settings
- If your device cannot support a newer version of the operating system, then you will not be able to use the ServiceCore Mobile App on that particular device
To ensure you get the full experience of using the ServiceCore Mobile App, please ensure you grant permission to the following items on your device:
Minimum System Requirements
Due to system update requirements necessary to support the latest release of Android 11, the ServiceCore Mobile App will now only be able to support Android 8.1 and higher. This means that devices that cannot upgrade beyond Android 8 will no longer be supported.
|Android||8.1 or higher|
|iOS||iOS 11 or higher|
How do I find out the current OS version I have on my phone or tablet?
The steps to find the current OS version vary by specific device. For detailed instructions about your device, please check the user manual that came with your device. You can find general instructions in this external help article: Check & update your Android version.
Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod by following the steps in this external help article: Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Deprecation Schedule for Mobile App Versions and Operating Systems
How long are devices and operating systems supported?
The ServiceCore mobile application supports mobile OS versions for different periods of time, taking into account development cycles, system requirements, and our customers' needs:
|Android||4-5 year release cycle|
|iOS||3-4 year release cycle|
When a mobile OS or device is no longer supported, you’ll need to upgrade to a supported version to continue using the ServiceCore mobile application.
What does "No Longer Supported" mean?
When we say that a device or operation system is "No longer supported" this means that they will not be able to update your version of the ServiceCore Mobile App. When this happens, depending on your device and operation system version one or more of these situations may occur:
- You will not be allowed to update/download the mobile app, in which case you can still continue running the older version of ServiceCore that you have installed
- If you are able to update/download the app it will not perform as intended