The items mentioned below will be available on or after March 17, 2022. To see these new shamrockin' features, please perform a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
- 🍀 Statements
- 🌈 Void Settled Processed Credit Card Payments
- 🍻 Billable and Non-Billable Jobs
- 💚 Early Pick-Up Proration in Company Settings
- 🤞 Coming Soon
Select Which Invoices to Include on Statements
When you're lucky like a four leaf clover and send one-off statements to individual customers, you now have the option to select which invoices will appear on each statement PDF. This allows you to quickly and easily create statements for single sites, or multiple sites, your choice! Statements can now include any and all invoices, including when the invoice status is:
To take advantage of this new feature, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the customer
- Click Accounting > Invoices tab in that customer's profile
- Use sort by, filter by, date range, and search options to narrow the list of invoices
- Select one or more invoices from the list
- Or check the Select All checkbox to choose all invoices on the page
- Continue to the next page(s) until you have selected all invoices you want to include on the statement
- To Email the Statement...
- Click Email Statement
- Ensure the correct email addresses are in the Email field
- Click Send Email
- To Print the Statement...
- Click the down arrow next to "Email Statement"
- Click Print Statement from the list of options that appear
- Download and save the PDF
The open item statement has received some updates and improvements. These changes include:
- Tax ID: For customers (especially customers in Canada) that are required to show a Tax ID on financial documents, the Tax ID will now appear below the upper-left address at the top of the document.
- Document Title: The title of the document has been simplified to say simply "Statement". This change has been made because of upcoming statement functionality that will soon allow you to include any invoice on a statement (paid, unpaid, void) so the title "Open Item Summary" is no longer accurate.
- Customer ID: The customer ID now appears at the top of the statement.
- Billing Period: The billing period also appears at the top of the statement. This billing period will display as:
- From: The invoice date of the oldest invoice
- To: The invoice date of the most recent invoice
- Total, Payments, Balance per Site: For each separate site on the statement, the total, payments, and balance of the invoices will be summarized at the bottom of each section.
- Total Section per Statement: There is a new section below the list of sites that displays the overall statement Total, Payments, and Balance Due.
- Tear Off Portion: At the very bottom of the statement is a new "tear off" portion that summarizes all information on the statement, and can be detached and remitted with payment.
To see these details and more, feel free to download this example statement and look at the highlighted notes in pink: Summary_Statement_Example.pdf
For step-by-step instructions on how to send statements, head to this help articles: Send Statements in Bulk by Print or Email
🎩 Refund Method Flexibility
We have updated refunds with the flexibility to Create a Refund with a different method than the original payment method. For example, if you receive a payment in cash, you can create a refund and choose "Check" as the method. Before now, you could only choose the same refund method as the original payment method. Now you have the flexibility to choose a different method for refunds than the original payment method.
🌈 Void Settled Processed Credit Card Payments
When a processed credit card payment has an unexpected hiccup, such as a chargeback, you will now have the option to void settled, processed credit card payments in ServiceCore. Please bear in mind that voiding a payment is forever, like diamonds. Please visit this help article for full details about how to Void a Payment.
🍻 Billable and Non-Billable Jobs
ServiceCore is currently working to improve how the system handles billable and non-billable jobs. This new automation helps ensure that when it's time to create invoices:
- Only billable jobs will appear on the invoice sidebar to able to be added to the invoice
- When batch billing from recurring invoices, only billable jobs will get added automatically to the next invoice if you have the automated proration setting enabled (this setting is coming soon).
You will no longer have to spend so much time looking at every single job to decide whether or not it needs to be invoiced.
The new rules for billable vs non-billable jobs are as follows:
|Billable Jobs||Non-Billable Jobs|
A job will be considered "Billable" when the job type is:
For all other jobs types (non-rental jobs and rental service jobs) a job is "Billable" when:
A job will be considered "Non-Billable" when the job type is:
And these jobs will be "Non-Billable" only when:
|Creating One-Time Invoices||
|The Rules Below Will Apply When You Enable the Automated Rental Rate Proration Setting for Your Account (Coming Soon)|
|Creating Next Invoice from Recurring Invoice Manually||
|Creating Next Invoice from Recurring Invoice using Batch Billing||
Can I still create invoices for non-billable jobs?
Absolutely! Even though a job doesn't appear on the invoice sidebar, you can still create an invoice for that job at any time. Simply locate the job, click Actions > Invoice > Create Invoice, and you'll be on your way.
How do I see non-billable jobs?
To see all jobs, billable and non-billable, please head to any jobs list in ServiceCore. Once you're there, click Filter By and look for the Billable dropdown option. Like this:
💚 Early Pick-Up Proration in Company Settings
We are currently working to provide you with more controls over rental rates and proration. Part of this work includes the ability for you to decide, at a company level, whether or not you want to prorate rental rates when there are early pick-ups (in the middle of a billing cycle).
What you will see in company settings will be a new "Proration" setting. This setting will be pre-selected to "Yes" because today rental rates always prorate for early pickup. Coming soon, we will enable this setting so you can change it if you decide you don't want to prorate for early pick-ups. Based on your selection, ServiceCore will handle the calculation of rental rates accordingly based on mid-billing cycle pick-up jobs. For more information about new, upcoming features, please visit this help article: Coming Soon: New Features and Improvements.