The items mentioned below will be available on or after June 2, 2022. To see these new features, please perform a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
- Copy Recurring Invoices
- Default Tax Codes and Tax Exempt Status for Customers
- Repeat Job Series Improvements
- Coming Soon
Copy Recurring Invoices
If you have a recurring invoice that has just the right combination of rental rates, service line items, surcharges, notes, and more, you now have the option to copy that recurring invoice, instead of having to create a copy from scratch.
To take advantage of this new feature, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the recurring invoice you want to copy
- Click the down arrow next to "Create Next Invoice"
- Click Copy Recurring Invoice from the list of options that appear
- If the Associate Rental popup appears, choose the same rental, or a different rental
- Click Save
Default Tax Codes and Tax Exempt Status for Customers
As part of our ongoing initiative to reduce time, effort and errors when creating accounting transactions, we are rolling out the first of a few tax-related improvements. This first phase will allow you to:
- Set default tax codes at a customer-level
- Designate customers as tax exempt, and record tax exemption details
The next phases of this project including default tax codes for sites, tax exempt sites, and pre-filled tax codes on transactions forms, please visit this help article for more details: Default Tax Codes and Tax Exemption.
Repeat Job Series Improvements
Each time you create a new repeat job series in ServiceCore, the system looks at how many jobs need to be created and does one of the following:
- Creates 730 instances of that job or creates 20 year's worth of jobs (whichever comes sooner)
- Makes all jobs for the series if less than 730 need to be created in total
In order to make another 730 instances of a repeat job, you previously had to make a new series manually. This was time consuming and prone to errors, especially if you did not notice the original series of 730 jobs was about to end and didn't make a new (second) series of 730 jobs before the first one ended.
With this repeat jobs improvement, ServiceCore will now constantly monitor repeat jobs series and do this...
- When any repeat job in the series is marked complete, if there are less than 30 of the 730 instances remaining, and more jobs need to be created, then ServiceCore will automatically...
- Create more jobs in the series until the end date (whether there need to be 7, 70, or 700 more jobs created)
- OR create 730 more instances of the job (for example, if no end date is set)
- Surcharges: We have resolved an issue where percent (%) rate surcharges were not being created/saved with the correct rate and instead were defaulting to 0% rates.
- Refunds: We have resolved an issue where a pop-up would ask for the expiration date and last four digits of the credit card used to make an online payment when the refund was not issued back to the original card. For example, if the refund was issued in the form of a check.
Please find our coming soon information at its new home: Coming Soon: New Features and Improvements.