Before getting started with creating rentals for your customers, you will need to add products you can rent out! ServiceCore offers two type of Products you can set up: non-itemized & itemized products.
In this article, we'll walk through the steps to create an itemized product. If you rent products that you need to track individually, itemized inventory will help you geolocate and track usage and condition on individual units. ServiceCore accepts serial numbers and barcodes to identify individual items.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process:
- You will need Manager, Admin or Owner level permission in order to add or edit inventory
- Inventory Product names must be unique.
- You can add itemized products from both the ServiceCore Web and Mobile apps
- You will need to download the ServiceCore Mobile App from Google play (Android) or the App Store (Apple) in order to scan barcodes for individual items
- Individual items must be added to your inventory using either the ServiceCore web or Mobile app before scanning barcodes using the ServiceCore Mobile App
- Itemized inventory will work with barcodes or QR codes
- Itemized inventory can be individually geolocated by users completing jobs on the ServiceCore Mobile app.
How to Add an Itemized Product
Tell Me How
Follow these steps to add an itemized product:
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Click on the Inventory tab
- Click "Add Product"
- Fill out the New Product form
A. Name - Believe it or not, your product is required to have a name!
B. Brand - Optional field to enter in the brand of your product.
C. Size - Optional field to enter in the size of your product.
D. Itemized Product? - Check "Yes" to make this product an itemized product.
E. Category - Optional field to categorize your product.
F. Description - Optional field to describe your product. For internal usage only!
5. Click Save
After you create a new product
Now that you have an itemized inventory product, there are a few things you should know:
- If you did not check the "Yes" checkbox for Itemized product? in Step 4D above, that's ok! It's easy to fix. Follow the steps below before you go any further.
On the page for the new product you just created:
- Click the dropdown arrow for the product
- Click Delete product
- In the popup that appears, click Confirm Delete
- Start again from Step 1 in the Add Itemized Inventory section above