Once you've created an itemized product, you'll want to make sure you add individual items to the product.
In this article, we'll walk through the steps to add items to an itemized product. Individual items can be geolocated to always keep track of where units were placed. Additionally, inventory items will let your drivers update their usage and condition each time the units are serviced.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process:
- You will need Manager, Admin or Owner level permission in order to add or edit inventory
- You can add inventory items for itemized products from both the ServiceCore Web and Mobile apps
- You will need to download the ServiceCore Mobile App from Google play (Android) or the App Store (Apple) in order to scan barcodes for individual items
- Individual items must be added to your inventory using either the ServiceCore web or Mobile app before scanning barcodes using the ServiceCore Mobile App
- Itemized inventory items will work with barcodes or QR codes
- Itemized inventory items can be individually geolocated by users completing jobs on the ServiceCore Mobile app.
- Itemized inventory items that have been geolocated can be tracked on the Items map
- Itemized inventory items can have their usage and condition updated each time they are serviced.
How to Add an Itemized Product
Tell Me How
Follow these steps to add items to an itemized product:
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Click on the Inventory tab
- Find the Itemized Product you'd like to add Items to and click "View"
- Click to "Add Item"
- A lightbox will appear
A. Serial Number - Whether you call it a Serial Number or a Unit Number, this will be the number that identifies your item. It is required, and must be unique.
B. Barcode - Optional field to enter in the barcode for your item. This can only be added via the ServiceCore Mobile App
C. Color - Optional field to enter in the color of your item.
D. Usage - Optional field to register the usage of your product. You can choose from Light, Normal or Heavy.
E. Condition - Optional field to register the condition of your product. This is a text field you can write whatever you want in. Think: Good, Bad, or Damaged.
6. Once you filled out the required fields, hit "Add New Item"