If you have a large amount of Products created in your ServiceCore account, consider using Inventory Categories.
Inventory Categories can be created under your Inventory Settings to help you tag products under a specific category.
For example, maybe you're a company that rents Portable Toilets, Luxury Restroom Trailers, and Roll-Off Dumpsters, you could create a specific categories for each type of product.
Once you've tagged products with a "Category," you'll be able to filter your inventory list under Settings and from the "Create Rental" form to help you find the products you need more easily.
Before You Start
- You will need Manager, Admin or Owner level permission in order to add or edit inventory
- Inventory Category names must be unique.
- Inventory Categories can only be added from the ServiceCore Web App
- Once Categories are created, you can edit existing products to add their respective categories.
How to Add Inventory Categories
Tell Me How
Follow these steps to add Categories:
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Click on the Inventory tab
- Click on the Categories Tab
- Click "Add Category"
- A lightbox will appear
- Enter in a Name for your Category and click "Add Category."
How to Assign Inventory Categories
Now that you've created an inventory category, it is time to assign it to a product.
Tell Me How
Follow these steps to assign an Inventory Category:
- Navigate back to your inventory products and click the dropdown arrow to "Edit Product"
- From the Edit Product form, select your Category from the dropdown menu
- Click Save