If you have a large amount of Products created in your ServiceCore account, consider using Inventory Categories.
Inventory Categories can be created under your Inventory Settings to help you tag products under a specific category.
For example, maybe you're a company that rents Portable Toilets, Luxury Restroom Trailers, and Roll-Off Dumpsters, you could create a specific categories for each type of product.
Once you've tagged products with a "Category," you'll be able to filter your inventory list under Settings and from the "Create Rental" form to help you find the products you need more easily.
Before You Start
- You will need Manager, Admin or Owner level permission in order to add or edit inventory
- Inventory Category names must be unique.
- Inventory Categories can only be added from the ServiceCore Web App
- Once Categories are created, you can edit existing products to add their respective categories.
How to Add Inventory Categories
Tell Me How
Follow these steps to add Categories:
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Click on the Inventory tab
- Click on the Categories Tab
- Click "Add Category"
- A lightbox will appear
- Enter in a Name for your Category and click "Add Category."
How to Assign Inventory Categories
Now that you've created an inventory category, it is time to assign it to a product.
Tell Me How
Follow these steps to assign an Inventory Category:
- Navigate back to your inventory products and click the dropdown arrow to "Edit Product"
- From the Edit Product form, select your Category from the dropdown menu
- Click Save
After you've assigned inventory categories
Once you've assigned inventory categories to your products, you will see the category selection dropdown appear when clicking to "Filter by" on the Inventory Settings page, the Create New Rental form, and when adding additional jobs to a rental.