If you have customers who qualify as tax exempt, you can mark them as such to help save time and avoid mistakes whenever you bill these customers.
In this article we will walk through the steps to mark a customer as tax exempt.
Before You Start
- You will need Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to flag a customer as tax exempt.
- You will need a customer.
How to Mark Customer as Tax Exempt
To mark a customer tax exempt, follow these steps:
- Search for your customer
- Click to View Customer
- Click the Edit Customer Details
- Scroll down to Billing
- Select the Tax Exempt option from the Default Tax Code dropdown
- Enter in your Exemption Details
- Scroll down and Save