The items mentioned below will be available on or after August 11, 2022. To see these new features, please perform a hard refresh in your browser. Here's how to Get the Latest Version of ServiceCore.
How many three ring binders are sitting on your desk right now with pages and pages of information about the prices you charge customers for products and services? Prices for residential vs municipal customers. Different prices for customers in different territories. Different prices for new vs existing customers. Not to mention different prices for special events vs long term contracts.
As of today's release, you can now create price books in your ServiceCore account. This is phase one of a larger project, but we didn't want to wait to let you start using this new feature. So you can find something else to do with all those three ring binders taking up space on your desk.
What Can I Do Today?
You will now be able to create price books based on:
- Customer Type
- Site Type
- Individual Customer
To take advantage of this new feature, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Price Books
- Click Add Price Book
- Enter a unique Name for the rule
- Select a Category
- Click Add Services
- Search for and select all services you want to use in this price book
- Click Assign Services when you're finished
- Enter in the Adjusted Rate for each service in the list
- Click Save
What's Coming Next?
In our next few releases, you will start to see the magic of price books appear on job, rental and accounting transaction forms. This means that instead of only the standard/default rate appearing when you add services or rental rates, you'll be able to choose from price book rates. The new price book rate options are being rolled out soon and will start appearing on these forms:
- Job Creation
- Job Completion
- Recurring Invoice
- Credit Memo
Here's a preview of how this price books rate feature will appear on forms:
Please keep a look out for upcoming release announcements to see each new phase of the price books set of features. You'll also find survey links in your account so you can provide feedback about this new feature as we continue to make it better and release more functionality.
You will now be able to add "Customer Type" when you create or edit customers. Why's this? Great question! We've added the option to set customer types so you can create price books based on customer types. If you have different pricing for your residential, construction, and municipal customers, you can now create price books to respect those different rates for products and services.
Here are a few things to keep in mind...
- Customers and sites share one list of types
- Customers can have sites of different types, and vice versa
- For example, a "municipal" customer can have "school" or "construction" site types
- Customer type is optional and not required
- Customer types can only be created or edited by users with manager or higher permission levels
To take advantage of this new feature, follow these two steps:
- Review your list of Customer/Site types in settings
- When you create or edit a customer, select the appropriate type from the list of Customer Type options
Schedule and Dispatch Features Survey
We want to hear your feedback about ServiceCore when it comes to possible new features. Do you have a few minutes?
We're in the process of improving how to plan, control, schedule and dispatch jobs using ServiceCore and we'd like your advice. Would you mind telling us about what you need?
Please find our coming soon information at its new home: Coming Soon: New Features and Improvements.