The easiest way to make sure you get paid on time is to enroll your customer in autopay.
ServiceCore's Autopay feature will let you store a customer's card on file and use it on their recurring billing. Each time the customer gets a new invoice, the card on file will get charged. Simple as that!
In this article we'll walk through the steps to enable autopay for a customer.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- In order to enable autopay for a customer, you must first be setup with one of our authorized payment processors: Clover Connect or Authorize.net. We recommend Clover Connect because it offers special rates for ServiceCore customers. For more information about Clover Connect and how you can use it along with ServiceCore, check out this page for more information.
- You will need Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to enable autopay for a customer
- You will need to add a Credit or Debit Card to your customer's profile
- Autopay can only be used on Recurring Invoices
- Autopay only works when generating recurring invoices through Batch Billing
How to Enable Autopay for a Customer
To enable autopay for a customer, follow these steps:
- Search for your customer
- Click to View Customer
- Click the Credit/Debit Cards tab
- Click Add Credit/Debit Card
- Fill out Credit/Debit Card Details
- Click Save
- Now click on the Customer's Accounting Tab
- Click the dropdown arrow next to Create Invoice
- From the list of options that appear click on Create Recurring Invoice
- Fill out the fields in the upper portion of the screen as needed
- To automatically charge the customer for each recurring invoice, check the box for Enable Autopay for this invoice
- Choose the Credit/Debit Card to charge for this recurring invoice
- Fill out the rest of the fields on the form.
- Click Save
After you enable autopay for a customer
Now that Autopay has been enabled for this customer, any time their invoices are generated through batch billing, the customer's card will be charged.
You can easily check which customers are on autopay by going to the Recurring Invoices tab of the Accounting Section and clicking on the Filter By option to filter by "autopay enabled" customers.