Before you get started adding services and creating refunds, you'll want to make sure you have all of your accounts set up.
In this article, we'll go over the steps to add to your chart of accounts.
Before You Start
- You must have Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to add or edit your Chart of Accounts
- Chart of Accounts that originate from QuickBooks cannot be edited in ServiceCore
- Services will require Income type accounts
- Refunds will require Bank or Other Current Assets accounts
To add an account, follow these steps:
- Click your username in the ServiceCore header
- Click Settings from the list of options that appear
- Click the Accounting tab
- Click the Chart of Accounts tab
- Click Add Account
- A lightbox will appear
- Enter an account name in the Name field
- Choose Income, Bank or Other Current Assets as the Account Type
- Enter a code for this account in the Code field
- Once you're finished, click Add New Income Account
After adding an account
Now that you've added an account to your Chart of Accounts, you'll be able to select it when creating or editing a Service or Surcharge.
Additionally, if you added a Bank account type, you'll be able to use it to record refunds in ServiceCore.