ServiceCore has introduced a new feature to enhance the management of inventory on Service jobs that allows you to now select specific products and units and apply them to different service schedules. This feature streamlines operations and offers more flexibility and accuracy in handling service jobs and inventory tracking.
The main objective of this feature is to improve the accuracy of service jobs by enabling the selection of specific units for servicing. This becomes particularly useful in situations where not all units at a site require service. The Service Job and Inventory Relation is a significant step toward introducing Capacity Based Routing, aligning with strategic objectives identified in our recent customer feedback surveys.
Pick and Choose Service Units: This feature allows users to select which units on a site need service. This selection can be made based on the unit count by job type and product type.
Bulk Unit Flexibility: By default, all units on site (both bulk and itemized/serialized) will be selected when creating a service job. However, now users can choose a specific quantity of bulk products, or all, some, or none of the itemized/serialized products on site.
Creating a Service Job: When creating a service job, specific units can be selected only if they are already on site. Specific serials can be chosen from a search bar, and only serials for units on site will populate.
Viewing Jobs and Rentals: Once a service job is created, you can see the specific serial numbers associated with that job. When looking at the rental, you can view the serial numbers for the service jobs, applicable for both recurring and one-time jobs.
Mobile App Integration: The mobile app allows for a Schedule View where you can select a job, expand inventory, and view serial numbers. If specific units aren’t known at the time of scheduling, they’ll appear as “Unknown Serial Number”. Make sure your mobile app is updated to the latest version!
Schedule Day View and List View: The app will display unit counts with symbols indicating Pickup, Delivery, or Service. The planned route time (Service Time + Drive Time) will be included in a future release.
- Improved Accuracy: Selecting specific units for service ensures accuracy in unit count and service records.
- Flexibility: The ability to choose from all, some, or none of the products on site offers greater control over service jobs.
- Efficiency: Streamlined process for selecting units and viewing job details saves time and effort. This allows for one Rental, with multiple different service schedules by product type/unit.
Detailed Steps for Using Inventory Item Selection on Service Jobs
Creating a Service Job
- Access Service Job Creation: Navigate to the rental for which you would like to create a service job in ServiceCore.
Select Units: If the job site already has units, you can now select specific units for servicing.
- For bulk products, choose the desired quantity.
- For itemized/serialized products, use the search bar to find and select specific units.
- Job Details: Fill in other required details for the job, such as date, time, customer information, and any special instructions.
Modifying Units on a Service Job
- Access Existing Job: Find the service job you want to modify in your job list.
Edit Units: Click on the job to edit. Here, you can change the selected units or quantities as required. This is useful if the initial job setup needs adjustments.
Using the Mobile App for On-Site Adjustments
- Mobile App Schedule View: On your mobile device, use the ServiceCore app to access your schedule.
Select Job: Find the job you are servicing and select it to view details.
Adjust Inventory: In the job details, expand the inventory section to view or edit the serial numbers of the units being serviced.
- If certain units are unknown at scheduling, they will be marked as “Unknown Serial Number”.
- Update this information on-site as needed by using the barcode scanner or click on the magnifying glass to view the items on site.
Viewing Jobs and Rentals
Job View: Within each service job, you can now see specific details, including serial numbers associated with the job.
Rental View: When viewing a rental, it's possible to see all the serial numbers for service jobs attached to it.
Checking Schedule Views
Day View and List View: On your schedule in the web app, you'll see unit counts indicated with symbols (for Pickup, Delivery, or Service).
Completing a Service Job
- Service Completion: Once the job is done, ensure that all details, especially regarding unit servicing, are accurately recorded in the system.
- Job Closure: Close the job in ServiceCore, confirming that all units and quantities are correctly noted.
Tips for Best Practices
- Drop Off/Delivery of additional unit(s): When dropping off new units on site, be sure to add those new units to an existing service job or create a new one. Once units are picked up, they'll automatically be removed from recurring jobs.
- Double-Check Serial Numbers: Always verify serial numbers on-site to ensure accuracy.
- Keep the App Updated: Regularly update your mobile app for the latest features and improvements.
- Feedback: Use the ServiceCore support or feedback channels to report any issues or suggest improvements.