Adding a customer is the first step before creating jobs, rentals and invoices in ServiceCore. Once you have a customer, you can also send them service reminders, accept payments, and more. We encourage you to also use the add customer feature to add potential customers or sales leads in order to create and send estimates when you are bidding for projects and jobs.
In this article, you'll learn how to add a customer.
Before You Start
- You will need Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to add customers.
- Customers can be added via the ServiceCore web app (it is not possible to add customers via the ServiceCore Mobile App at this time).
- If you want to save credit cards for customers, you must first be setup with one of our authorized payment processors: CardConnect or Authorize.net. We recommend CardConnect because it offers special rates for ServiceCore customers. For more information about CardConnect and how you can use it along with ServiceCore, check out this page for more information.
- Each customer must have a unique customer name (no duplicates); this name can be of an individual, company, organization, etc.
- The only required information for a customer is:
- Customer Name
- Billing Address
How to Add a Customer
Show Me How
For step-by-step, in-app help adding a customer, follow these steps:
Tell Me How
For written instructions on how to add a customer, follow these steps:
- Click the Customers link in the ServiceCore header
- Click Add Customer
- Enter a Customer name (name must be unique and should be 41 characters or less, including spaces)
- Fill out any additional contact information
- Enter one or more email addresses into the Emails box if you plan to send emails to this customer
- If your company uses divisions, choose one or more divisions from the list of Company divisions
- Enter a phone number, secondary phone or fax (all optional)
- Enter the Billing Address for this customer
- Choose the County (optional)
- Enter the date this customer became a customer in the Customer since date field
- To add additional customer contacts, click the + Add new contact link
- Choose Email or Print as the customer's Preferred Billing Communication method
- Enter the Payment term (optional)
- Enter any Notes (these notes will be printed to service tickets and route sheets, and will be viewable on each job, and on the ServiceCore Mobile App)
- Enter any Internal notes (these notes are internal and can only be viewed in the ServiceCore web app
- Click Add New Customer or click Add Customer Card if you want to add a credit card to save on file for this customer to use when recording a payment or for batch billing
That's it! If you'd like to add attachments or create service reminders for this customer, check out the next sections.
Add Customer Attachments
If you want to keep attachments on file for a customer, such as a damage waiver, rental contract, credit authorization, you can save these documents on the customer details page. To add attachments for a customer, follow these steps:
- Click the Attachments tab on the customer details page
- Click Add Attachment
- Navigate to the file on your computer and click open or save
Note: File size and type limits apply. Learn about attachments.
Create Service Reminders
You can add reminders for customers to remind you when to contact them to schedule another service. Or for sending them a thank you card, anniversary card, or to remind you to follow up on an estimate. To create a reminder for a customer, follow these steps:
- Click the Reminders tab
- Click Create New Reminder
- Fill out the information about the reminder
- Once you're finished, click Add New Reminder
- From this reminder you can mark when Customer Contacted or Create Job
- To view all customer reminders, click on Reports in the ServiceCore header
- Scroll to the Sales and customers section (in yellow)
- Click Service Reminders or the View Report button in the Service Reminders section
- Use the Date range filters to view Service Reminders for certain periods of time
- To view today's reminders, click on the logo in the ServiceCore header
- Click (!) Service reminders
- Click Today from the Date Range bar
- Click on Print address label if you want to download and print address labels onto an Avery label template to print and send reminders by mail
After adding a customer you may want to do the following: