Adding a customer is the first step before creating jobs, rentals and invoices in ServiceCore. Once you have a customer, you can also send them service reminders, accept payments, and more. We encourage you to also use the add customer feature to add potential customers or sales leads in order to create and send estimates when you are bidding for projects and jobs.
In this article, you'll learn how to add a customer.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to know before you begin this process:
- You will need Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to add customers.
- Customers can be added via the ServiceCore web app (it is not possible to add customers via the ServiceCore Mobile App at this time).
- If you want to save credit cards for customers, you must first be setup with one of our authorized payment processors: Clover Connect or Authorize.net. We recommend Clover Connect because it offers special rates for ServiceCore customers. For more information about Clover Connect and how you can use it along with ServiceCore, check out this page for more information.
- Each customer must have a unique customer name (no duplicates); this name can be of an individual, company, organization, etc.
- The only required information for a customer is:
- Customer Name
- Billing Address
- Email (if communication preference is set to email)
How to Add a Customer
Show Me How
For step-by-step, in-app help adding a customer, follow these steps:
Tell Me How
For written instructions on how to add a customer, follow these steps:
- Click the plus (+) sign to the right of your username
- Click Add Customer
- Enter a Customer name (name must be unique and should be 41 characters or less, including spaces)
- Choose Email or Print as the customer's Preferred Billing Communication method
- Enter one or more email addresses into the Emails box if you plan to send emails to this customer
- Enter a phone number, secondary phone or fax (all optional)
- Enter the Billing Address for this customer (enable location settings on browser to get autofill suggestions)
- Enter the date this customer became a customer in the Customer Since date field (defaults to today's date)
- To add additional customer contacts, click the + Add New Contact link (this link can be clicked multiple times for multiple contacts)
- Select a Default Tax Code and Payment Term (both optional)
- If your company uses divisions, choose one or more divisions from the list of Company Divisions
- Enter any Notes (these notes will be printed to service tickets and route sheets, and will be viewable on each job, and on the ServiceCore Mobile App)
- Enter any Internal notes (these notes are internal and can only be viewed in the ServiceCore Web App)
- Click Add New Customer or click Add Customer Card if you want to add a credit card to save on file for this customer to use when recording a payment or for batch billing
That's it! If you'd like to add attachments or create service reminders for this customer, check out the next sections.
After adding a customer you may want to do the following: