In this article are some frequently asked questions we receive about offline mode in the ServiceCore Mobile App.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Offline Mode
- How will I know if I am in "offline" mode?
- What happens when I get back online and I have unsynced changes?
- Do I have to "turn on" or "turn off" offline mode for it to work?
- Does offline mode work when I use the ServiceCore website on a mobile device?
- I work in an area with great cell phone coverage, why should I care about offline mode?
- What happens if I don't download my inventory before going offline?
- Is all information available in the Mobile App when I am offline?
- How can I try out offline mode?
How will I know if I am in "offline" mode?
While you are in offline mode, you will see this banner across the bottom of your screen on your mobile device:
If you have unsynced changes to sync back to the ServiceCore Web App once you get back online, you will see a count of the number of unsynced changes on the right side of the banner:
What happens when I get back online and I have unsynced changes?
You will see a banner with a button across the bottom of your screen. Tap this button to sync your changes to the ServiceCore Web App.
Do I have to "turn on" or "turn off" offline mode for it to work?
No. Offline mode happens automatically if you leave cellular or internet coverage. Once you re-enter cellular coverage, your ServiceCore Mobile App will go online again.
Does offline mode work when I use the ServiceCore website on a mobile device?
No. Offline mode only works when using the ServiceCore Mobile App. You can download the Mobile App using these links:
- For Android devices: Download on Google play
- For iOS or Apple devices: Download on the App Store
I work in an area with great cell phone coverage, why should I care about offline mode?
If you are a company that manages inventory, it's important that you download inventory to each mobile device used by your technicians. Even 5 minutes without cell phone coverage means your technicians can't perform their rental jobs when they go out of service range (tunnels, underground, rural areas, etc.).
Follow these steps to download inventory onto a mobile device:
- Launch the ServiceCore mobile app on your phone or tablet
- Log in with your Email address and Password
- If you would like to use your Touch ID / Face ID for future times you login, tap Yes on the alert message that appears. If not, tap No.
- Wait while the app builds your profile
- In the header, tap on the menu icon (three stacked lines, aka the hamburger icon) in the upper left corner of the screen
- In the menu that appears, tap Inventory
- Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner
- Tap Download Inventory
- Tap Download Now in the pop-up that appears
- Wait while your inventory downloads
What happens if I don't download my inventory before going offline?
You will not be able to see or manage any of your inventory using the Mobile App.
Is all information available in the Mobile App when I am offline?
No. While most information is available in the Mobile App, some information is not, including:
- Job site contacts
- The ability to see jobs in the past or in the future on the schedule
- The ability to download inventory
- Ability to view jobs on Map
- Ability to edit the order of jobs
How can I try out offline mode?
If you want to test offline mode, you can put your device in "Airplane mode" to simulate the offline mode experience.