Jobs in ServiceCore help you schedule and track the work you do for your customers.
Non-rental jobs in ServiceCore are jobs that you can schedule without needing inventory products. These jobs generally fall into categories like: septic or grease pumping, inspection, maintenance, customer owned unit service.
Non-rental jobs also allow you to use systems, which are helpful for keeping track of important customer system information and how much volume you are pumping on each job.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to know before you begin this process:
- You will need Manager, Admin or Owner level permission to add jobs.
- You will need to create non-rental job types.
- Non-Rental job types do not use inventory products.
- Non-Rental job types can use systems to keep track of customer system data.
How to Create a Non-Rental Job
Show Me How
For step-by-step, in-app help adding a customer, follow these steps:
Tell Me How
For written instructions on how to add a customer, follow these steps:
- Click the plus (+) sign to the right of your username
- Select Create Job from the menu that appears
- Enter in a P.O. Number (optional)
- Enter in a Job Name (optional)
- Select an existing customer or add a new customer
- Select an existing site or add a new site
- If this is a pumping job, select an existing system from the dropdown or click to add new system
- Enter in the Job Schedule Details
- Select Job Type (make sure you have non-rental job types created!)
- Select Date (defaults to today's date but can be changed using the calendar button)
- Select a Technician (optional - if no technician is selected, this job will appear under unassigned on the scheduled date)
- Enter in a Time Window (optional)
- Enter in a Duration (optional)
- Check box if job is an Emergency Job (these jobs get flagged as urgent on the schedule)
- Check box if job is a Repeat Job
- If you make this a repeat job, a lightbox appears
- Select a Frequency
- Select an Interval (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)
- Select a From Date (when this repeat job series should start)
- Select an Until Date (optional)
- If Weekly, select which day(s) of the week the job will Repeat On
- Get a Route Recommendation to see possible route options (requires Routes)
- Click Confirm
- Note: If the job is a repeat job, the Technician field will become required
- Add Services by typing into the search bar
- Add Driver Notes
- Enter in a Disclaimer (optional)
- Note: If you have a Default Service Ticket Disclaimer, it should appear here by default.
- Send Confirmation Email to Customer (optional)
- Click Save